曲倩雯 ｜ Vvzela KOOK
Vvzela Kook is a new media artist who mainly works in audiovisual mediums, including performance, theatre, generative video and drawing. Her
audiovisual works combine media with performance; they explore the possibility of coexistence between contemporary performance types, like dance
or choreography, and computer-generated new media.
Kook’s video works combine technology with her artistic practice to reproduce and convert urban cityscapes into an integrated virtual experience,
guiding the audience on a cybernetic journey. The condensed textures in her works connect with multiple sensual levels in our perception and
reintroduce the unexplored potential of video as a medium.
Kook has participated and shown her works in PuSh Performing Art Festival in Vancouver(2017), Mill6 Foundation (2017), Microwave International
Media Festival in Hong Kong (2016), K11 Shanghai (2016), Hong Kong Arts Festival (2015), Sound Art China Exhibition (2013), Frischzelle Festival
and Dusseldorf Festival (2012), and “89+”program (2012) co-curated by Hans Ulrich Obrist and Simon Castets.
. 2017.03 "Dialogue of Trees", media concert tour in Norway
. 2017.02 "Watermark", media walk, Vancouver, Canada
. 2017.02 PuSh Performing Arts festival, Vancouver, Canada.
. 2016.11 "You are not alone", Oi! Street Art Space
. 2016.11 MILL6 FALL PROGRAM 'TECHSTYLE SERIES1.0: ARIADNE'S
THREAD', Mill6, Hong Kong
. 2016.11 UnStumm, audiovisual collaborative project. New Music Ensemble, Hong Kong
. 2016.10 Hong Kong Artist books of Sketches, DreamLikeBubble, Hong Kong
. 2016.05 VISAURAL, audio-visual performance, Microwave International New Media Festival, Hong Kong
. 2016.03 WE: A Community of Chinese Contemporary Artists, K11 Shanghai, Shanghai
· 2015.11 Cinema Silenzio, Clockenflap.
West Kowloon Culture District, Hong Kong
· 2015.11 Multimedia concert Dialogue of Trees-Hong Kong & Norway. Y Studio, Youth Square, Hong Kong
· 2015.11 “jolt touring festival”, collaborate with Dj Sniff and Chin King.
· 2015.11 “Fleeing by Night”. Intermedia dance theater, visual design, ,Guangdong Contemporary Dance Festival, Guangzhou
· 2015.09 “All in one”. Sound and light show for Open Sky Campus.
International Commerce Centre, Hong Kong
· 2015.03 "Fleeing by Night",Intermedia dance theater,Visual Design, Hong Kong Arts Festival, Contemporary Dance Series
· 2014.12 RPM: Sound Art China, City University of Hong Kong
· 2014.11 "Fleeing by Night", Intermedia dance theater,Visual Design,YINZI Theater, Chong Qing
· 2014.09 "A Study on Geometry", Sonic Anchor #18 - Virtuosic Electronica, McAulay Studio, Hong Kong Arts Centre
· 2013.12 "DOOR", Creative Media Centre, City University of Hong Kong
· 2013.03 "Revolution Per Minute: Sound Art China", Colgate University, NY,USA
· 2012.12 “DLD Conference, 89+panel”,Curated by hans Ulrich Orbist & Simon Castets，Munich，German
· 2012.01 “Virtual Mancer”, NEW ASDICON Group, Opening ceremony of Green Box exhibition
· 2012.12 "ART In DIGITAL REALMS", Wuhan K11 Art Space
· 2012.12 Frischzelle Live Performance Workshop, China Academy of Art
· 2012.12 "RAM Sound: Adjustable disordered"，Shanghai Rockbund Art Museum
· 2012.09 Frischzelle Festival and Dusseldorf Festival, Cologne and Dusseldorf
· 2012.08 Six Channel Sound Installation "Reincarnation", Vvzela Qu, Lijie Tan. Ars Electronica, Linz, Austria
· 2012.12 Bauhaus Theater+Hangzhou Sonart 4.4, Hangzhou Sonart Club
· 2011.12 "ASDICON3.0" ASDICON group, UFO Media Theater
· 2011.11 ASDICON2.0 "Happy Shall He Be" ASDICON group, Hangzhou Sonart 4.3, Hangzhou Sonart Club
· 2011.06 ASDICON1.0 "Machinery Induction" ASDICON group, Hangzhou Sonart 4.2, Hangzhou Sonart Club
to download in PDF
Download publicity photo Image
Image credit:Eugene Cheng